San Ottaviano offers English style horsback riding lessons and trail rides to beginners and experts. We also offer board and guided trails for visiting horses short or long term. Full board available.
San Ottaviano is an ideal location to enjoy the quiet rolling hills of Tuscany on horseback. We are proud to boast endless kilometers of trails starting directly from our doorstep. Our guests can ride all day without ever seeing asphalt. The surrounding landscape includes woods, fields, Mediteranean brush, coark forests, rivers beds and pasture lands. Please contact us for more information and possibilities.
Equestrian Activities at San Ottaviano
- Lessons: – all beginner riders are required to take at least one lesson before being allowed to ride outside. These lessons include grooming and tacking of the horse & basic ground and mounted knowledge. Limit 2 riders.
- dressage lessons are offered for more experienced riders. 1 hour ride time.
- all lessons are 25 euro per person
- Trail Rides: Experience the Val di Cornia from horseback. Trails lead through woods, fields, river beds and coark forests. Participants must have riding experience. 1 hour, 2 hours or all-day rides available. Limit 2 riders.
- 25 euro per hour (all-day rides include 4 hours of ride time plus a separate charge for lunch)
- Pony rides: small children may partake in a 15 minute pony ride accompanied by our instructor. 10 euro.
Visiting horses: Bring your horse on vacation! We offer individual or group fields with or without in-and-out sheds, or box stalls for visiting horses. All fields are made with electric fences. Use of ring is included in the price. Private guide available for trail rides.
- 15 euro per day per horse for field accomodation, 20 per box stall – hay included (short term)
- 250 euro per month for long term board – includes field turnout and twice daily feeding
- guide priced at 25 euro per hour, subject to availability.
Rules & Regulations
- Riders under 14 years-old may not ride on public streets
- Weight limit; 80 kg
- Dress: long pants and shoes with small heel and covered toes
- All riders must wear a helmet
- All rides must be booked in advance and are subject to availability
- Cancellations less than 1 day in advance will be charged 50% of the total price, less than two hours will be charged 100% of total price
- If you are more than 15 minutes late your ride could be cancelled without refund – any tardiness will be subtracted from ride time
- All riders and/or guardians must sign a release form prior to coming to the stables